Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Click for Free Mammorgrams

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
Please click daily to help provide free mammograms for needy women. When detected early, breast cancer fatalities can be alleviated. This site also has links to Free Hunger, Child Health, Literacy (which helps children and adults to free themselves of ignorance, creates better job opportunities and raises esteem), Save the Rainforest, Assist Animal Rescue.By clicking every day, you can help and it doesn't cost you anything. The mark of a true humanitarian is one who does not say I can't do anything to alleviate world hunger, sickness and untimely death. She says,it is only a moment of my time to help others every day. That act will allow you to think of other ways to put a smile on a child's face, a cup of rice into a struggling widow's stomach, a few trees saved to help our ozone layer not become depleted by the cutting down of rainforests.

I am nearly finished with all six paintings and need to take a break from portraits and perhaps record some other intimate scenes of city life here in Cairo - the colorful array of lights caused by speeding cars, the glimpse of buildings when I look up at the sky, washing hanging out a window, a Fauve landscape created by small rooftop gardens. Even if you can't be here, think of ways to colorize your world. Have your children make art everyday even if all it is, is a scribble of colors across a plain sheet of paper. Encourage it in yourself, put on some dangling earrings, a touch of color on your lips, and breathe the fresh air of your neighborhood. Talk to animals, from the birds on the trees to the squirrels running up and down and around the lawn of your apartment or house, to the meowing cats and barking dogs that you encounter. Most of you will not see donkeys on the streets or horses pulling carts like I do, or camels spitting and blinking their huge fringed eyelashes - I will provide that for you in this blog. Delight in the colors around you, the orange hues of the fall trees. Love who you are. You are fabulously talented men and women!

Well, I'm on a high from getting money at the HSBC ATM at the Marriott in preparation for my hosting Chris and Katie. I had a cappucchino and crossant at Simonds and got a merci beaucoup from the older barista when I gave my 1 LE tip. I went to the Women's Association of Cairo on 11 Yehia Ibrahim Street just a few blocks away and joined as a member for 200 LE. This now entitles me to discounts for their excursions like the one I will be on Tuesday from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm for the Traditional Bedouin costume fashion show at Fustat. We meet at the Gezira parking lot at the Marriott and then take an air conditioned bus. It will be the chance to meet other women in the area - this "club" is for English speaking women. You never know who I will meet through them.

Then walked to Alfa Market for the usual shopping, bread, tomatoes, 1/2 kilos of sliced turkey and cheddar cheese (sheedar), croissants, loaf of freshly baked French bread, chocolate. So will have lots of food for my guests. Now it's time to relax a bit - think about writing something scholarly - I finished my article interview with Shayma which I had forgotten about. There is still the one on origins of beauty: women, wisdom, fear and desire in art.

No comments:

Post a Comment